Summer is here! And Summer is a great time to clean up your bicycle and hit the trails. Work off some of that extra winter/pandemic padding that may be lingering, and enjoy the season! Biking is also a perfect activity that lends itself well to healthy practices. By making sure that you are staying active and hydrated you can continue to enjoy the benefits of cycling through the amazing Hot Springs Village trails.
Some of the major health benefits of cycling include:
- Deeper sleep . . . Exercising outside exposes you to daylight, helps get your circadian rhythm back in sync, and also rids your body of cortisol, the stress hormone that can prevent deep, regenerative sleep.
- Younger-looking skin . . . Increased circulation through exercise delivers oxygen and nutrients to skin cells more effectively, while ﬂushing harmful toxins out. Exercise also creates an ideal environment within the body to optimise collagen production, helping reduce the appearance of wrinkles and speed up the healing process.
- Less Illness . . . Moderate exercise makes immune cells more active, so they’re ready to ﬁght off infection.
- Healthier Heart . . . Studies from Purdue University have shown that regular cycling can cut your risk of heart disease by 50 percent. And according to the British Heart Foundation, around 10,000 fatal heart attacks could be avoided each year if people kept themselves more fit. Cycling just 20 miles a week reduces your risk of heart disease to less than half that of those who take no exercise, it says.
- Get Fit Without Trying Too Hard . . . Regular, everyday cycling has huge beneﬁts. According to the National Forum for Coronary Heart Disease Foundation in the US, regular cyclists enjoy a ﬁtness level equal to that of a person who’s 10 years younger.
Cycling is easy, fun, and on the Hot Springs Village trails, very relaxing and scenic.
Pick your favorite trail or trails and plan your morning exercise.
If planning a visit to Hot Springs Village this Summer, be sure to bring your bikes. After spending some time on the village trails, you may decide this is the lifestyle for you and be on the lookout for the perfect home here in Hot Springs Village.